On the day
- Is your terminal clear from the back of the room?
- Use a large font
- Use black-on-white colour scheme
- Set a minimal shell prompt
- Also set a larger font size in your text editor
- Don’t create the directory on the P-drive
- Explain to learners about the drop outs
- No need to copy directory at end of the day – it’s on GitHub!
Ahead of time
- Is Git installed?
- Which text editors are installed?
- How do you change the font size?
For teaching as part of a Software Carpentry workshop:
- 1 Intro
- 2 Tracking changes
- 3 History and differences
- 4 Commit advice
- 5 Branching
- ? 6 Undoing changes (if time)
- 9 Remote repositories